Inspiring and encouraging climate adaptation in communities throughout the Midwest
October 25 - 27, 2023 | Duluth, MN
Registration is now open for the 2023 Midwest Climate Resilience Conference!
Since 2013, MCAP has hosted a Minnesota climate adaptation conference which was designed to bring together representatives from the public, private and nonprofit sectors to inspire and enable climate adaptation in communities throughout Minnesota. This year, in collaboration with regional and national partners, we will build on past conference success and expand our efforts to host a broader Midwest Climate Resilience Conference. The conference will serve as a regional adaptation forum in alternate years of the National Adaptation Forum for community leaders, policy and decision makers, resource managers, researchers, and others working actively on climate adaptation and resilience.
The Midwest Climate Resilience Conference is intended to:
- Provide a venue for meaningful climate adaptation and resilience dialogue amongst a diverse set of voices and perspectives including representatives from communities who are most impacted
- Share experiences, lessons learned, research, and resources across sectors and scales of governance, management, and decision making related to climate adaptation and resilience
- Celebrate successes and inspire collective action through coordination and collaboration across the region
- Connect and grow the regional network of climate adaptation and resilience practitioners by encouraging and supporting participation from a wide range of sectors, organizations, levels of government, and communities
We hope to achieve a Midwest Climate Resilience Conference program that:
- Supports the broader purpose of the conference to advance adaptation and resilience for communities and ecosystems in the Midwest
- Promotes critical reflection, dialogue, and discussion of key climate issues in the Midwest
- Encourages active participation in the conference
- Reflects innovation and diversity among the various session topics and speakers
- Reflects a balance between research, practice, professional issues, and education