February 8, 2022 at 6 p.m.
The Ininaatig Workgroup will be holding a virtual ininaatig dibaajimowinan (sugar maple storytelling) event on February 8, 2022 at 6 p.m. Central.
Community members will come together from across sugar maple territory to talk about our relationship with iskigamizigan (sugarbush). A panel of elders, harvesters, and resource managers will share stories, experiences, concerns, and items of importance for the next generation to care for the sugarbush.
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are available.
Participating organizations include:
- Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission (GLIFWC)
- 1854 Treaty Authority
- Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science (NIACS)
- Bay Mills Indian Community
- Wisconsin Tribal Conservation Advisory Council
- College of Menominee Nation
- United Southern and Eastern Tribes (USET)