Observers' Recognition Meeting
An observers' meeting of the 'Snow Rules!' project is being planned for October 30, 2004 at the
Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center near Finland. In the morning
presentations about SnowRules! results and related topics will be made.
A luncheon for observers follows.
After lunch observers will be provided with equipment, observing forms, and basic instructions.
Please call if you are thinking of attending so that we can make better meeting preparations.
Snow Rules, Informal meeting
Oct 30, 10:00 AM, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
The meeting tentatively scheduled as
- 10:00-noon SnowRules! results and related topics are presented.
- Welcome: Peter Harris, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
- Why observe?: Mark Seeley, U of Minn Extension
- Overview of project – whys, outcomes, benefits, grid of North Shore
Jim Zandlo, project coordinator, State Climatologist, DNR Waters
- Noon-1:30pm Lunch (please RSVP).
- 1:30-2:30pm Session to train/recruit new observers
- Measuring snow and rain including segments from 'how-to measure snow' video
- Report forms and submitting online (Looking for volunteers for data entry.)
- Measuring equipment discussion
- Snow board (16"x24" white expanded PVC board)
- Snow ruler marked in tenths of inches
- Flag markers (marks board location)
- Snow post (demo only)
- Rain gauge cylinder (SWCD)
- Self-addressed envelopes (SWCD)
- Report forms (Jim will bring.)
- Extra videos ('how to' measure snow)
- Distribute equipment
|Peter Harris||Wolf Ridge ELCemail@example.com|
|Jim Zandlo||State Climatology Office - DNRfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|many observers||north shore residents|
Snow Rules! main page
State Climatology Office, DNR - Waters, 2004
send e-mail to SCO